Ontario’s Emerging Wine Region
Cultural and Wine Tour through beautiful Headwaters’ Caledon and Hockley Valley countryside.
Hosted by Proprietors Marilyn Field, M.S.M., and J.C.Pennie, with Chief Winemaker Jonathan Boyle, of Windrush Estate Winery and Chateau.
Hockley Valley is about an hour by car when travelling from Toronto.
BUILD YOUR OWN TOUR
WINDRUSH ESTATE WINERY’S PICKS
YOUR TOUR CAN INCLUDE THESE LOCAL EXPERIENCES
- Windrush Estate Winery offers a free tour and tastings right from the tanks and barrels with your purchase of wine. Then walk the grassy paths around the vineyard and enjoy amazing views overlooking Hockley Valley from the Chateau.
- Schitt’s Creek’s Motel, on the north side of Hockley Valley Road, three miles west of Windrush and just east of Airport Road, is perfect for your photo op!
- Farmhouse Pottery Gallery & Studio overlooks the river on scenic Hockley Valley Road; www.pacepottery.com
- Trepanier Originals Gallery – Open by appointment or announcement. Visit corytrepanier.com for more information.
- Breedon’s Maple Syrup Shack shows you how maple syrup is made; www.breedonsmaplesyrup.com
- Sheldon Creek Dairy shows you the farm’s natural processing of whole milk and yogurt; www.sheldoncreekdairy.com
- Museum of Dufferin has a whole pioneer’s two-story log cabin inside its barn architecture! www.dufferinmuseum.com (closed until further notice, please see their website for updates).
TEMPERANCE AND TEMPTATION
The Temperance and Temptation Headwaters Story is a must for any adventurer and history lover.
Using their map and audio tour guide, you will learn about our regions history with moonshine and bootlegging, whilst enjoying a beautiful drive and visiting local wineries and breweries – including Windrush Estate Winery as the first stop!
In addition, the self-guided tour is free! You can visit Temperance and Temptation’s Headwaters Story here.
Local Dining and Places of Interest
We created a map of our local area, this is free for everyone to use! We included places to shop and dine, as well as places of interest. We hope you enjoy your tour!